We’re excited to announce that Cylindo has been recognized in The Gartner Digital Commerce Vendor Guide, 2021 as a Digital Commerce Enrichment Technology.
Gartner presents this vendor guide to help companies “understand ecosystem segments and applications commonly integrated with digital commerce platforms”.
COVID-19 has accelerated the e-commerce adoption and the deployment of digital commerce platforms. According to the 2021 Gartner CIO survey, “83% of the respondents expect to increase their use of digital channels to reach customers and 79% will increase the use of self-service in 2021”.
The behavior change resulting from COVID-19 will bring higher demand for new digital products and services, and this trend will continue to increase going forward.
Visual configuration is one of the Digital Commerce Enrichment Technologies that “can be embedded into an e-commerce site to support the selection of options and features of a product.” This technology includes a rule engine to ensure that only valid combinations of options can be selected.
In The Gartner Digital Commerce Vendor Guide, 2021, there are five trends that organizations should pay attention to when planning their digital commerce portfolio:
- “B2B commerce on the rise — the pandemic has accelerated the adoption of B2B commerce, and digital channels are expected to gain popularity at the expense of offline channels.”
- Convergence of sales channels — 15% of B2B organizations will use digital commerce platforms to support both its customers and sales reps in all sales activities by 2024”. Technologies such as visual configurators, configure, price, and quote (CPQ), price optimization, live/video chat, and marketing automation will all help increase the effectiveness of digital selling.”
- Transition from digital commerce to digital business — Digital commerce is a stepping stone into a digital business through new revenue from value-added services.
- Composable commerce — While monolith commerce platforms still offer value to many organizations with comprehensive out-of-the-box functionality, digitally advanced organizations are seeking commerce solutions with a modular architecture that offers greater flexibility and agility. This not only allows application leaders to quickly build the requested functionality and user experience (UX) but will enable business users to compose experiences using low-/no-code development platforms when those tools become widely available.
- Digital commerce as an ecosystem — Having the core commerce platform is the first step and it requires an ecosystem approach to build a comprehensive commerce stack as the commerce business matures. Organizations often need to integrate other applications with the commerce platform to extend the functionality, customize for specific business needs, and deliver differentiated customer experiences.”
Last year, Cylindo was also recognized in the Gartner Innovation Insight for Visual Configuration Report and also was named a Sample Vendor in the 2020 Gartner Hype Cycle for Digital Commerce.
Hundreds of furniture companies partner with Cylindo to get superior product visuals across the entire furniture buyer journey. We have created a platform that goes beyond high-quality product visualization and gives furniture businesses versatile assets to leverage across multiple touchpoints.
Powering four quintillion product variations and 10 million unique users per month, Cylindo is the catalyst that drives delightful shopping experiences, helping retailers and brands show more and sell more.
Are you ready to transform your business for the digital world? Let’s talk about your product visualization strategy.
Gartner, The Gartner Digital Commerce Vendor Guide, 2021, Sandy Shen, Jason Diagler, Mike Lowndes, Mark Lewis, Dayna Ford, Penny Gillespie, Aaditya Vasudevan, April 14, 2021
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.