As we close out 2020 and embark upon 2021, we want to reflect on the things we accomplished and learned over the past 366 days. 2020 was a year of great challenge, but it was also a year marked by progress and resilience.
In the midst of the worst public health crisis of our lifetimes, putting most of humanity under lockdowns and a total retail apocalypse, one thing became clear: Changes and challenges come in waves. The key is learning to be buoyant. Learn to ride the waves.
Before we get swept away into all of the exciting things we have planned for 2021, we wanted to share a moment of retrospection and highlight the biggest accomplishments:
- Cylindo Create - A new powerful way for furniture companies to utilize their 3D photorealistic content. Retailers can now create and manipulate beautiful product visuals for their marketing campaigns and e-commerce merchandising. Brands, on the other hand, can create consistent furniture visualization and brand image across their retailer network and online marketplaces.
- Viewer 4 - The latest version of the Viewer lets you seamlessly integrate with Google Analytics and get all relevant insights in one place. That way, you can measure the success of your 360 & AR experiences in Google Analytics. What’s more, with the improved Content API, furniture companies can leverage 3D content for add-to-cart thumbnails, PDF spec sheets, and product listing pages to deliver more compelling experiences.
- Cylindo Connect - A new program to empower retailers to easily leverage content that’s on the Platform, produced for brands that partner with Cylindo. Thanks to Connect, furniture businesses can make the most out of the network effect from our strong portfolio of clients, which compounds as more companies choose Cylindo as their product visualization partner.
- Client Success - We are proud that 2020 marked the partnership with amazing brands such as Universal, Neptune, King Living, &Tradition, Maiden Home and many more. Besides this, we’re constantly inspired by the perseverance of our clients, many of whom embraced digital transformation to step up their game during these challenging times. These are few of the success stories from last year:
- As Heal’s continues to grow and evolve, preparing for the new era of furniture ecommerce, so too has its partnership with Cylindo, which now includes full usage of the Platform. E-commerce is a massive part of their business and has grown significantly during 2020, accounting for around 50% of their total sales.
- Sofacompany uses the Cylindo Platform for different use cases, covering many aspects of the omnichannel furniture buying journey. Besides their website, Sofacompany also uses Cylindo’s Product Viewer for their Design Your Own Universe, in-store to close the sale while the customer is in the showroom.
- One of Montana’s biggest hurdles was how to present millions of products in an inspirational, easy-to-use, and customer-friendly shopping experience. Thanks to the partnership with Cylindo, Montana's 70,000+ configuration options are now visible digitally, allowing customers to tailor a product to suit their personal style.
- Ethan Allen fuels their marketing campaign and website merchandising with Cylindo’s high-quality 3D product visuals. Using Cylindo Create, they export multiple variations and images for their latest product line. The ability to edit images, specifically removing shadows, helps them save time and resources.
- Cylindo Library - In 2020, we published five ebooks and reports. Our USA Top 100 Furniture Retailers Report with Cylindo’s index had more than 800 downloads. In December, we published our first DTC Furniture Brands Report with a top 50 ranking based on 18 key drivers. On another note, we’ve published a series of blog posts as part of our efforts in supporting furniture brands and retailers rebound from COVID-19.
- Gartner recognitions - In May 2020, Cylindo was named in Gartner's Innovation Insight for Visual Configuration Report. A few months later, in August 2020, Cylindo was listed as a sample vendor in Gartner Hype Cycle For Digital Commerce.
If we look at our product visualization technology today, we can talk about the most scalable high-quality pipeline in the world, reaching 3 quintillion unique, photorealistic 4K product renderings, serving 10 million unique views each month.
Despite the bumps, setbacks, and real challenges we’ve all faced last year, we wrapped up 2020 full of pride and gratitude for everything we've been able to accomplish.
As always, we are deeply thankful to our team, clients, and partners who make it all possible.
New challenges and opportunities await us in 2021. Here’s to more furniture success stories. 🥂