Furniture businesses have finally realized that there’s no room for legacy website experiences and platforms never designed with our digital age in mind. Companies will need to move beyond the current 2D focus of e-commerce to prepare for a more social and immersive future of shopping.
In our latest live event, Louis Adamou, Technology Director at Loaf, and Jasna Trengoska, VP of Customer Success at Cylindo, talked about the importance of futureproofed 3D assets and why furniture businesses need to approach this peak season with a different mindset. Here is a summary of the main concepts and questions they discussed.
How to think about investing in 3D technology
Choosing a 3D vendor is not an easy task. Here’s how Loaf is approaching the 3D product visualization investment.
- Understand the cost of doing nothing — What is your opportunity cost of not acting and accepting inefficiency?
- Think about the long-term direction of travel in the industry — Technology should be MACH (microservices-based, API first, cloud native, and headless), composable, and events driven. For Loaf, every penny that is spent on solutions that are not futureproof is a waste.
- Form a plan with a bias toward action — Get started quickly. Don’t try and do everything at once. The data will build your business case to invest in a 3D solution for your entire product catalog.
- Align with your strategic goals — Can you reach your commercial targets without a scalable solution and improvement in user experience?
- Think long-term — Investing in 3D will help you boost online sales during the holiday season. However, this isn’t just about the peak season. It’s a strategic move that will pave the way toward future growth.
- Put yourself in your customer’s shoes — Would you spend thousands of pounds, euros, or dollars online if you weren’t able to view what you were buying?
5 Things to focus on when deciding on a 3D product visualization platform
Furniture players have finally realized that 3D product visualization is an inevitable technology for the success of every modern furniture business. The question is how to find a 3D platform that checks all the boxes. Here’s the thought process behind Loaf’s decision:
1| Translate your brand into tech principles — Loaf reflects its mission at every touchpoint; its mission is at the heart of making technology decisions.
2| Conduct a SWOT analysis — The best way to understand your business needs is to identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats before deciding on a 3D product visualization solution.
3| Start and end with your customers in mind — For Loaf, the customer is the focal point of every technology decision.
4| Understand the costs — Compare the length of the process and costs related to product visualization using the old approach versus the new approach to get a picture of the real costs.
5| Look for a futureproof solution — When assessing technology vendors, Loaf always thinks about whether a vendor or platform represents the future of their industry and whether it has the capacity to grow with Loaf.
How Loaf futureproofed its business with 3D assets
Ready to learn what futureproofed 3D assets can do for your business? Watch the entire fireside chat with Louis Adamou from Loaf.